Why Wheat, Vegetable Oil, and Sugar are KILLING YOU
Posted in CPR News
Monday November 10, 2014
3 Reasons Wheat is a Terrible Food:
- Wheat causes blood sugar disruption, Glycation of your cells, increases AGING, weight gain & boosts Diabetes risk. Wheat contains a very unusual type of carbohydrate that is not found in other food called Amylopectin-A, which tests have shown it to spike your blood sugar HIGHER than even pure table sugar.
- Gluten and Health Issues. Scientists theorize that the gluten is causing digestive system problems due to the excessive hybridization of wheat over the last 50 years, which has created newly modified gluten molecules that are foreign to the human digestive system compared to the ancient wheat that humans ate for several thousand years historically, and even compared to the wheat that your grandparents ate 50+ years ago.
Gluten is also found to cause inflamation which is the number 1 cause of most health issues. Many have symptoms such as digestive issues (gas, bloating, diarrhea and even constipation), fatigue, brain fog, tired feeling, migraine headaches, autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma or Multiple sclerosis), neurological disorders, hormone imbalances, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, inflamation (swelling or pain in your joints such as fingers, knees or hips) and mood (anxiety, depression, mood swings and ADD).
The list above is why you are seeing more and more Gluten Free lables popping up at your grocery store.
- Antinutrients and mineral blockers in wheat. Most people eat wheat with almost every meal (cereal in the morning, bread on sandwich at lunch, and pasta or bread at dinner), so this can cause a mineral deficiency in your body over time that leads to many health conditions. There's absolutely nothing "essential" about wheat in the human diet. It simply does more harm than good.
Wheat is in everything so look for the words Gluten Free or do a search online to verify that every product (spices, meats, medicine, soups, etc.) you buy or put in your body is gluten free.
Please note that it takes several weeks to months before you notice a HUGE difference - people tend to try and add wheat back, but quickly feel the symptoms come back.
Where Do I Get My Fiber
You can get ALL of the fiber you need from fruits, veggies, and nuts, without the digestive system damage and massive blood sugar issues that are caused by wheat.
Vegetable oil actually comes from any combination of corn oil, soybean oil, canola oil, safflower oil, and/or cottonseed oil, ALL of which are absolutely terrible for your health.
- Vegetable oils usually contain deadly trans fats, even if non-hydrogenated. Trans Fats lead to all sorts of scary health problems like cancer, obesity, Alzheimer's, heart disease, and more.
- Vegetable oils contain oxidized "mutated fats" that are worse than trans fat & CAUSE heart attacks. Free radicals formed during the refining of vegetable oils create these "mutant" fats, which damage your cell membranes & chromosomes, create massive inflammation in your body, and damage your arteries (which can directly lead to a heart attack).
Catherine Shanahan, MD, cites in her book Deep Nutrition a study from New Zealand that in her research she found that patients admitted to the hospital for a heart attack all had consumed foods made with vegetable oils with their last meal before the heart attack.
- Vegetable oils cause massive imbalances with your Omega-6 to Omega-3 fats ratio. The healthiest ratio from the scientific literature appears to be a ratio of 2:1 or even 1:1 for your omega-6 to omega-3 ratio. However, most vegetable oils skew your ratio as high as 20:1 or even 30:1 in favor of harmful inflammatory omega-6 fats.
And worse yet, these omega-6 fats are NOT the innocent type found in nuts, they are the "mutant" damaged MegaTranstype that harm the tissues of your body.
This Omega fat imbalance can be YET another reason why vegetable oils lead to heart disease, cancer, obesity, and many other degenerative diseases that WILL shorten your life significantly if you don't cut out the vegetable oils ASAP.
Healthy Oils (even for frying)
coconut oil, olive oil (verify it is true olive oil), macadamia oil, avocado oil, grass-fed butter, and red palm oil.
Sugar causes extreme fluctuations in your blood sugar, and excess blood sugar causes Glycation inside your body, which accelerates the rate of aging of your organs, skin, arteries, and joints - Just like Wheat.
Sugar also raises your triglycerides to dangerous levels, which can lead you to heart disease. If that weren't bad enough, eating sugar too frequently also causes type 2 diabetes in the long run because you wear out your pancreas and insulin sensitivity.
Sugar also slows down your white blood cells, making infection more likely, and even allowing CANCER cells a better chance to form in your body. On top of that, sugar makes you fat and gives you excess calories without any nutritional benefit.
We are not saying you cannot have sugar - just make sure you are not taking in 35 grams of sugar in one sitting. Just try and keep your sugar intake as low as possible.